First part of autumn term
- Antall studenter
- Karakter A-F
- Language of instruction - English
- ÅR/BA Film og fjernsynsvitenskap
Telefon: 612 88102
The course will deal with current developments in television and its relation to new media like Internet and mobile media. Students will learn the basic concepts that are used to analyse these developments and they are expected to use these concepts in the analysis of a concrete program concept.
The course consists of lectures that discuss the main theories and concepts in the study of current developments in television and new media. During seminars the course literature is discussed and students present their own analysis of cross media programs. Læringsmål
After completion of the course the students shall:
Undervisnings- og læringsmetode
- have an understanding of the developments in current television and its interrelations with other media/communication platforms.
- be familiar and understand the theories and basic concepts in the study of new media and contemporary television.
- be able to use these theories to analyse concrete programs/concepts.
- be able to present the results of their analysis in oral and written form.
Lectures, seminars, workshop. Forkunnskaper
At least one year previous studies at high school/university level Emne er valgbart for
BA Film and television studies
- Groupwise presentation of theories during seminars
- Groupwise presentation of a cross media concept
- Individual analysis of statistical data on television and Internet use
Individual essay (50 %)
4 hour written exam (50 %)Tillatte hjelpemidler